Safety First and Always Without Compromise.
Wilmax Construction Ltd. has been COR certified since 1998 and we are also a member of the Partners in Reduction (PIR) Program. The management of Wilmax Construction Ltd. is committed to a strong safety program that protects its staff, property and the public from accidents. All employees participate in the safety program and each employee has a company safety manual.
We promote safety awareness on our job sites through:
- Utilizing hazard assessment checklists.
- Providing employees with safe work practices and procedures.
- Ensuring company rules are followed.
- Providing training to employees as needed.
- Ensuring that personal protective equipment is worn.
- Maintaining scheduled maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Holding regular safety meetings.
- Performing safety inspections at all facilities and job sites.
- Establishing procedures for emergency situations.
- Maintaining monthly and annual safety statistics.
- Committing to waste management policies.
We recognize that the responsibilities for safety and health are shared:
The employer accepts the responsibility for the leadership of the safety and health program, for its effectiveness and improvement, and for providing the safeguards required to ensure safe conditions.
Supervisors are responsible for developing the proper attitudes towards safety and health in themselves and those that they supervise, and for ensuring that all operations are performed with the utmost regard for the safety and health of all personnel involved.
Employees are responsible for whole-hearted, genuine cooperation with all aspects of the safety and health program, including compliance with all rules and regulations, and for continually practicing safety while performing their duties.
“Wilmax Construction ltd. has been a general contractor at the Walter Mackenzie Centre since 2003 and more recently at South Edmonton Clinic. Over the years they have consistently performed to a high standard and have proven themselves to be a dependable and co-operative contractor, capable of meeting the demands and stringent schedules within a hospital environment.
Their on-site personnel have been very accommodating in dealing with our users and project team overall.“
, Mackenzie Health Sciences Centre